Sunday, October 7, 2012

Representing America and Lehigh at the Global Learning Expo & Engineering Exchange Fair

10/3 --- Last Wednesday was the Global Learning Expo on campus at HKUST.  Earlier in the summer, I had signed up to perform some American songs at the expo.  Another US exchange student, Wilson, signed up similiarly and we collaborated to learn 3 songs together to perform at the performance.   Wilson is a singer, and his parents are from Hong Kong, but he grew up in California.  We learned 3 songs together, "Wonderwall" - Oasis, "You and Me" - Lifehouse, and "3 Rounds and a Sound" - Blind Pilot.  It felt kinda weird, because all the other performers in the expo were playing traditional instruments and traditional music, and Wilson and I were kinda just rocking out to some American alternative rock/folk.  Oh well, what better way to represent America.  Despite the annoying feedback and speaker setup,  our performance went well.  We even had a few locals singing along.
Traditional Korean Drumming
 



 
 



10/5 --- Two days later, I represented Lehigh at the Engineering Exchange fair to promote Lehigh to locals on campus as an option to study abroad.  I think I convinced a few people.  It was hard to compete with Sonny's booth right next to me, as she was giving out free candy.  I was proud of my booth I set up though.  I tried making it look pretty haha.



Sonny's board was kinda empty, but she gave
out free candy, and obviously had a much more
bubbly personality than me.

Represent! Represent!



No comments:

Post a Comment