Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"happy corner"

Last night I was walking back with my italian friend, Tommaso (Ezio),  and as we're walking into the dorm a large group of about 25 locals came running outside.  They saw us international students and they told us to join in some fun birthday activity called "happy corner".  What we were about to see didn't look fun at all!  In fact what we saw looked insanely painful and i'm convinced that the locals are crazy. I just wish I had my camera.
6-8 kids lifted the birthday boy off the ground, asking us to help, but I kinda just watched.  tommaso joined in not really knowing what was going on.  They then spread the birthday boys legs and proceeded to ram his crotch into the light post, while singing some creepy hushed song, covering his mouth, using so much force and repetition that the light went out. your probably thinking ...wtf?  well so was I.  After the light went they dropped him to the ground and he just writhed there in pain.  But wait theres more! the birthday boy got to pick another friend to play happy corner, and this was done until the light went back on.  Afterwards everybody went back inside all happy and laughing.  I was kinda horrified inside haha, but I'm glad I was able to see first hand a unique and authentic part of the hong kong culture :P
Tonight I received the following email,  and I couldn't stop laughing when I read it.  I couldn't imagine getting an email like this in the US haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment