Saturday, September 22, 2012

Horse Races & Wan Chai

Horse racing is pretty big here in Hong Kong.  Its every Wednesday night.  Two international students, Soojeung and Chris, exchange student Jonas, and I took the MTR to Causeway Bay and walked to the Happy Valley Race course.  It was quite a lively environment, with people mingling on the floor between races.



Trash band ...lol


Afterwards we headed to Wan Chai and I got some pictures of the club that everyone goes to, the Carnegie.


 The next day I went back to Wan Chai to pick up my Mainland China Visa.  They charge 1100HKD for Americans, because I China hates the US, while all the other western countries only have to pay 400.  Here's some pictures of Wan Chai during the day, and some more pictures of the metro.



Shoulder to shoulder in the mtr


Jardine's Crescent, outdoor market in Causeway Bay
 I'm planning a trip to mainland China in a few weeks.  Flying to Beijing and taking a train to Shanghai to see the two biggest cities in China.






No comments:

Post a Comment